115g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
Zest of 2 lemons
215g (7 1/2oz) caster sugar
1 large egg
60ml (2f oz) fresh lemon juice
60ml (2f oz) cold water
270g (9 1/2 oz) plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 175oc (350of) gas mark 4. Line three large baking sheets with non- stick baking parchment.
2. Using a freestanding electric mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand-held electric whisk. Cream the butter, lemon zest and sugar together for around 5 minutes on a medium- high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour, lemon juice and water to the butter mix and combine together on a low speed. The mixture will look slightly curdled, but thats fine. Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to the creamed mixture. Mix further with a spatula to make sure all is well mixed, but overbeaten.
4. Measure out 30g (1oz) founded tablespoon sized pieces of cookie.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes then cool for 5 minutes before removing carefully to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe if from the hummingbird bakery recipe book! i've been meaning to buy it for ages now after hearing so many great things about it and i'm so happy i did! It has so many amazing recipes! The recipes don't have a list of ingredients the length of your arm and they are so simple to make!
*this is not my recipe: hummingbird bakery!